Products That Helped Clear My Skin



This post was the winner in a recent poll I did on my Instagram story (@trxpicalandrea if you don't already follow me), so here it is!

Little disclaimer before we get started. These products have helped immensely in my journey towards clearer skin, although I do still get the occasional several spots (especially around that time of the month!) but my skin is definitely a lot clearer than it used to be. Other factors have also contributed to my skin clearing, such as medications, which I can do a whole blog post on if any of you are interested - just let me know in the comments!

Now that little disclaimer is out of the way, I'll stop rambling and get into these super spot-fighting products!


Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser & Garnier Pure Active Intensive Anti-Spot Exfoliating Scrub

Charcoal products are great for oily skin, so I'd recommend picking up some if you haven't already! Mine is from BiorĂ© and I love it!  Only a small pump of this is needed, and it spreads nicely over the face and feels quite creamy, but doesn't lather. I was amazed on first use at how this made my skin feel kind of cold and tingly, which is honestly a really nice feeling, as it feels like the cleanser is really getting deep into your pores and getting rid of all the dirt and oil! My skin feels very fresh and clean afterwards and not red or irritated, and I've had a lot less spots since using this.
I've actually had this Garnier scrub in my stash for a really long time but hadn't got round to using it, as I always find scrubs last me the longest time (probably because I only use them once a week). The packaging and ingredients have changed slightly since I got this, but it still seems to be mostly the same. The scrub is a pale blue colour and is actually quite creamy, which is really nice because sometimes I find scrubs to be quite harsh on my skin. It smells very fresh and doesn't irritate my skin/spots. It contains 2% salicylic acid, which I'm sure most of you know is a great spot-fighting ingredient, and also includes an ingredient called 'Herbasoothe', which I presume helps to soothe the skin and fight redness! It also claims to help fade acne scars. I have a lot of these from over the years, and I have noticed they have faded a lot, but I'm not sure if that's to do with this product or something else. This also seems to help keep my spots at bay.
So, if you're looking for a new cleanser and/or scrub, I'd definitely recommend picking these up!




Not to be dramatic, but micellar water has basically changed my life. If you still use face wipes to take your makeup off, STOP. Honestly the best skincare tip I would give to anyone is to stop using face wipes. The material they're made of is extremely harsh on the skin as well as the ingredients, and they don't even take your makeup off properly at all. Using a micellar water or any other cleansing balm/solution as the first step of your cleansing routine is the best thing you can do. I used to use wipes before micellar water was invented, and it really was a tragic time, my skin was always terrible and would never clear up. But since using this, my skin is softer and clearer and never irritated. Whether you have acne prone skin or not, micellar water will be great for you. My favourite is the Garnier ones, specifically this one and the original pink one, but there are a lot of other formulas too, like ones with oil in them if you have dry skin. Just pop a bit of this on a cotton pad, sweep gently across your face and you're good to go. I'll do a more in-depth skincare tips review on my blog some time soon, with more general advice, so look out for that!




If you have oily skin, then I would definitely recommend using a toner. I use this twice a day after washing my face, as it's supposed to restore the pH balance of your skin. All I know is that it helps mattify and 'dry' my skin, which is necessary for my oily t-zone, where all my spots congregate. I've used a few toners in the past but this one has been my favourite. I love the fresh scent and the fact it contains ingredients to mattify the skin and fight against blackheads and enlarged pores. I also love that it's alcohol free, as this means it won't dehydrate your skin. It works really well at mattifying my skin and keeping it looking and feeling fresh.





I couldn't rate this skincare range by Boots any higher. I bought a couple of their items after reading very positive reviews on the Boots website, and I completely agree with them. Again, if you have very oily skin, especially at night, and hate waking up with an oily sheen on your face, this one is for you. It's a very soothing and mattifying gel which sinks into the skin in like 5 seconds, and I love that. With a lot of other moisturisers, I find they sit all sticky on my skin and don't sink in, but this one definitely does. It has helped my skin to clear up so much, as it stops new spots from appearing, as well as clearing up any that do appear. A little goes along way with this gel texture, so make sure you don't use too much, as it can dry out your skin a little. 





I must have gone through so many of these little magical saviours. In the past, I've never found a spot treatment that worked for me. They all ended up making my skin worse rather than better, but this stuff is so different. It has 2 sides, one for day and one for night, and a little dofut applicator on each, so you can easily pop the product on a spot, leave it to soak in, and you don't have to spread bacteria by using your fingers! It's also perfect for on-the-go, just pop it in your bag and whip it out any time you see a spot. You can use it several times a day as well, which means the spot will be cleared up within no time! This has worked so well to quickly get rid of my spots, especially those deep and painful ones, which used to stay on my face for what felt like weeks!

And there we have it. The skincare products that I owe my life too (slightly dramatic, I know). Again, let me know if you're interested in seeing a blog post about my acne journey/medications etc that cleared my skin, and also let me know what your go-to skincare saviours are!

Thanks for reading, lots of love,

Andrea x 

Disclaimer: products marked with * have been sent to me purely for reviewing purposes, all opinions are my own and I will always be honest. 


Comments

  1. Great post hun, I had terrible skin last year due to problems with my hormones. I have very dry skin aswell though, so really struggle. Lush skincare was really good for me. I know also use the BHA peel from The Ordinary which is really reasonable and good at keeping pores clearer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Hormones are such a pain, they gave me awful breakouts too! Yes I've heard Lush has some great products, I used to use one of their face masks. Oooh that sounds good! I need to try some bits from The Ordinary xx

      Delete
  2. The boots product is so good, i've used it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re honestly the best I’ve tried! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. I use that garnier micellar water and i love it! i think it is super good value for the price! i have used the pure active intensive too and was never disappointed! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never looked back since using micellar water! It is a great price for the amount you get! Thanks so much for reading xx

      Delete
  4. I have really dry skin so this post isn't exactly for me but I haven't even heard of some of these brands so it's really interesting to read what other people's favourite/ staple products are x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and enjoying the post anyway! I wish I could do a post catered to all skin types, I’ll see what I can do for future posts! Xx

      Delete
  5. Awesome post, I seriously want to try some biore products this year. I really need to clear up my skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes I’d definitely recommend BiorĂ©, they’re a little pricey but it’s worth it for clear skin! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! I use the pure active scrub and I love it, it makes my face feel so fresh and takes loads of the oil off!

    Em ~ thisisemsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I love it too, makes my skin so soft xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve only ever tried the pore strips from biore but I really want to try taking care of my skin better. I don’t have problem skin, but I’m definitely lucky that it doesn’t act up because I don’t take care of it well enough đŸ˜¬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try the bioré pore strips! Definitely some people are luckier than others when it comes to skin, I have to look after mine really well or it just goes crazy! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  9. Myy skin has been breaking out lately and it's a small disaster. I do think you're right.. That it's because of the face wipes. I've been using them for years because they are easy. So I bought a Micellair water. A cheap one, though. Just to try it out. But indeed, face wipes are horrible for the skin! You showcased some really great products here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My skin has been a whole lot better in so many ways since using micellar water and it doesn’t need to be expensive at all! I hope you get on well with it! Xx

      Delete
  10. My skin is going through such a rough time. I will have to try some of these products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Definitely give some of these a go x

      Delete
  11. Boots skincare is amazing. You've listed some of my faves. I love the Bioré charcoal cleanser, however I have a combination skin type ans did find it drying out my skin sometimes.

    Sabah || womanishaffairs.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I’ve had the same problem as it is quite a drying product, but I just try to follow up with a heavier moisturiser on those days! Xx

      Delete
  12. Yes!!! Completely agree! I have tried most if not all of these! I use micellar water daily and as you say it is a must have! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Don’t know what I’d do without it! Thank you so much for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  13. I’m definitely going to get that charcoal mask! I’ve been wanting it for a while now! I also want to try out the micellar water as well! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m sure you will love the charcoal cleanser! Xx

      Delete
  14. What I loved most about this post is that they are all on the cheap end! With skincare, it’s not always about the price but what’s actually in it! Superdrug’s own brand hydrating serum is one of the best skincare products I’ve ever used!

    Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I’ve only ever really bought high street skincare as I’ve just always found it to be good and haven’t branched out much into more expensive products! Probably because I’m a student so I have 0 money đŸ˜‚ but yes definitely the ingredients of the product are what matters! Oooh tbat sounds good! I’m in need of a new serum actually, so may pick this up! Thank you for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  15. I need to look for that micellar water! I had never heard of it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one for oily and combo skin!
      Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  16. I absolutely love the Garnier Miscellar water! I have exactly the same one! I also have a few products from Biore which I also love! Great post!! xx

    https://zoe-ware.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's such a fab micellar water, and I need to try some more Biore products as they all look so good! xx

      Delete
  17. I’ve had such terrible acne prone skin when I was in college up until now, and I also use different products from my dermatologist that work really well. However, those products are pretty expensive after awhile so I’ll definitely try these. My acne has gone down a lot now, but I still get zits and acne scars too. Is it bad that I still use makeup wipes?! Lol. The Simple cleansing wipes are non-comedogenic and don’t breakout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your skin is okay with the wipes then I’m sure it’s fine! It definitely helps to stop using them if your skin is always breaking out and never clearing though :) thank you for reading! Xx

      Delete
  18. It's great that you found some products to help clear your skin! Biore is such a good product! Love how it doesn't break the bank while doing some magic. Charcoal is so popular these days when it comes to skincare. I haven't tried the cleansing water and facial tonic before from the brands but they help so much with clearing your skin! Thanks for sharing your experience!

    exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Yes I absolutely love charcoal and need to try some more Bioré products as I love the cleanser! Xx

      Delete
  19. It really is great for the skin! Yes I really love the tea tree gel! Thank you so much for reading xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post! I have struggled with my skin for a few years and I’ve tried all sorts of things including lifestyle and diet changes, medication, different products, using nothing etc. my skin is not at its worst acne wise right now but I have so much scarring. Thank you for sharing!

    -Sophie xx
    www.cherriesandperfume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I was the same, tried so many different things and nothing was working but I finally cleared up with Roaccutane and then some lifestyle and product changes after that! Xx

      Delete
  21. I'm really loving any facial product that has charcoal in it right! I finally stopped breaking out like crazy a while back but still do get oily skin - glad to hear Biore's product is good.

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Yes I really love charcoal products too, they’re great for oily skin! Xx

      Delete
  22. Each and every product you mentioned are so good. I would love to try the tea tree gel. I ove the Garnier micellar water. I have been working on clearing my skin using some face masks and clay masks work well for my super oily skin. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading! I’ve been loving face masks as well recently! Xx

      Delete
  23. I have heard SUCH good things about biore!!! xx https://flippersandflatwhites.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try more of their products! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts